Let's face it, with the holidays in full gear no one has time for a cold. So if you feel something coming on, treat yourself to a cup of soothing, immune-enhancing lemon ginger tea. Lemon is high in vitamin C and is full of phytochemicals - plant constituents that help boost the immune system. Ginger and honey are also well known for their immune-boosting properties.
For convenience, we recommend using Toppits Frozen Ginger Cubes in this recipe. Toppits Cubes can be found in the produce section of most major grocery stores. Here's what you do: (you may need to experiment with amounts to get the taste that suits you).
1. Bring 2 cups of water to boil.
2. Get out a large teapot
3. Put 2 Toppits Frozen Ginger Cubes into the teapot
4. Add about 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
5. Add 3 tablespoons honey
6. When the water has boiled pour into the teapot
7. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes
8. Strain into a tea cup add lemon slice and enjoy!
This delicious recipe is great anytime when you want to give your immune system a little boost.
For more delicious recipes and store locations visit www.toppits.com.
- News Canada